Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Down the Scale

My weight is slowly coming off and I am really starting to feel the difference especially now that my clothes are beginning to fit real loose on me.  I've even had a few people tell me they notice Im losing weight.   Yee haw!

I have given away two big trash bags full of clothes that I had been saving to wear some day.   Thank God that day never came!    What a wonderful feeling it is  trying on the rest of my clothes and having  to put them away in another bag.   I only wish there was someone I could give these clothes to, some of which I never wore and still have tags on them.  

My dilemma now is to find something to wear on Sunday or special occasions.   Im in tears...........I have nothing nice to wear anymore.  I haven't reached my goal and I still have a long way to go, so I don't want to buy new clothes just yet.  I think it would be a waste of time, energy and money.  I have walked into a few stores and looked around but I don't see any clothes that call my name.  I stopped buying fancy clothes many years ago when I started putting on weight.  I felt that as long as I covered my spare tires and wasn't showing any flesh I was doing great.  Well!!!   Here I am years later regretting all this weight that has to come off and crying to myself because its taking so long and is so hard to take off.   I must remember that there is no one to blame but myself!

Chicken being the only meat and salads are what I mostly eat, BUT I do cheat every now and then when the temptation is so great that Im drooling so I'll eat a goodie or two.  My dad says Im going to turn into a rabbit because of all the lettuce I eat. lol   Soda is what I do stay away from since it was the cause of much of my extra lbs.  I drink as many as 10 to 12 bottles of water through out  the day, because it is what quenches my thirst.

Walking is hard for me because of my foot which has given me a lot of grief and pain the past few years.  I am going to start walking at least three days a week. My husband is working only two days a week and has promised he will walk with me.  He is willing to do whatever makes me happy and whatever it takes to help me lose the weight.

Soon I will get brave and post a before and after picture but not until I know for sure that I look different.

No comments:

Post a Comment