Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rain In Sunny California

Well isn't there a shortage of water in California?  Doesn't everyone always complain that it never rains in sunny California?  When I first woke up it looked like it was going to be a beautiful day so I opened all the windows and doors to enjoy the brisk cool air. 

It turned out to be a very interesting day with sporadic rain showers with the sun peeking in now and then.  Suddenly the clouds crept in and the sky became dark, the wind picked up and started blowing very hard with light sprinkles when all of a sudden it started pouring and we had an abundance of water, WOW!  


 The pond was beginning to look as if it was going to over flow because the rain just came down in buckets.  I quickly ran outside when it slowed down a little bit to put all my pots with plants and flowers out in the open so that they could get wet.  For some reason rain water makes them thrive.  I could water for a week and they would not look as luscious as they do after the rains.  There's just something about Heavenly Water :D) 

 Hopefully tomorrow it won't rain too hard, at least while we drive to church and back home.  For now all is calm and quiet so I guess I better go to bed because morning comes real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment