Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Americana


On Wednesday my hubadub & daughter with her two munchkins drove to Glendale Adventist Hospital in Glendale to see my niece who was going to have surgery.   It was a very nice long drive heavy with traffic as usual but the flow kept moving.   Thank God!   We got off to a late start and Tiffany was a little upset but we got there in plenty of time before she was wheeled into the operating room;  since they took her late.   LOL     My sis-in-law (her mother) Maxine and her son were there also and we had a nice long visit talking about family etc.   After a couple of hours a nurse came out to say that Jennifer was fine and everything had gone ok.  We decided to leave and find some place to take the grandkids to eat lunch.

Pond at mall
 I had heard of the Americana the new outdoor mall in Glendale from Tiffany, but hadn't  had a chance get down there, so what better day than today?   Its awesome, so nice and beautiful and in my opinion a lot better than Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga.

We ate at the Cheese Cake Factory, the food was delish, we had a great time laughing and talking and then it was time to go walking around the mall for a while.      

While my daughter & grandkids went into some of the stores my husband &  I sat  by the pond looking at all that was around us.   Do I sound like a little kid?   I felt like one.   This mall was not there when I lived in the LA area, I really like it and going back as soon as I can to see the entire two acres!!   There is a trolley car &  Im gonna be a tourist. LOLOL      

Overall view of the area

  Im just so glad  I finally got to window shop there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment