Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mama Knows Best

Winter has always been my favorite time of year, I love the sound of rain and  love to see snow on the mountain tops.  Thunder and lightening terrify me, but I like the sounds they make. I'll never forget seeing a bolt of lightening strike a tree making it burst into flames as we drove to New Mex one yr. Its nice to sit around our fireplace and enjoy a roaring fire to keep us warm. We put on sweaters, coats, boots and scarves, even tho its not really that cold. I wonder what it would be like to live in VA where there are blizzards? The air is chilly during the day and gets pretty cold at night. Its also time for family members or friends to get sick. Some will get colds others the flu and some like my daughter get a viral infection.
As a young girl my friends & I would walk in the rain with or without umbrellas. I can still hear my grama  telling me I was going to catch cold. I now find myself repeating my grandmothers words to ears that don't listen, & I know how she must have felt. Its all about doing something & going places where its freezing cold and windy. What pain we pay for the fun we must have! 
I'll never say "I told you so," because even tho Mama knows best I remember how much fun I used to have........

No comments:

Post a Comment