Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh What A day




                                   Oh What A Day

I enjoy the beginning of the week and Mondays are not too bad,  they can get hectic like today for instance but normally I can handle whatever comes up.   I actually enjoy the new week.  It is one of three days when I do things around the house because my hub goes to work. When I finish all my housework  I can relax the rest of the day and take it easy until he comes home from work. I read The Word and maybe I'll crochet on a project or I'll just sit and  look out my window and enjoy the morning. I've been neglecting my gardens for so long now and had planned on planting some roses and transplanting some of my flowers, but that didn't happen.  Instead I had a very busy morning and afternoon taking my parents to the medical center.

Both my parents had to have some lab work done today before their next doctor appointments.  I decided to see if  my dad could be seen by a doctor since we were there.   He tripped and fell over the weekend while locking the front door and has been in a lot of pain, but would not go to the emergency.  After a long wait, x-rays  and 2 broken ribs he was sent home with a band around his body and a prescription for pain pills.  It was very hard for him to get in and out of the truck,  and it was hard for me trying to get my mom in & out of the truck by myself.  Its times like these that I am over whelmed with all that happens in our daily lives.

Tomorrow I will have to get up early  and do it all over, this time because mom has a doctor appointment at 10:00am.  She keeps saying that she doesn't want to see any more doctors.  Its days like these that make mom very confused and agitated. I have learned that people who have dementia do not like any changes in their daily routines.

I do not like changes in my life either but with trust and leaning on His everlasting arms I will make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment