Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday was a beautiful day, we had an awesome bible study and great message by Pastor Booker. Because of Saturday Outreach the church was packed and seating was limited. I don't get to church as often as I should because taking care of my mother makes it impossible sometimes. I have promised myself that I will at least go to the morning service and see how that goes for the time being.

After the service we were invited by very special friends to their house for Easter lunch/dinner. We ate appetizers before sitting down to a delicious meal of ham, asparagus (delish), potatoes, salad and a roast, all that and then a delicious coconut creme pie.

Just as we all finished eating but still sitting around the table with lots of laughter & talking, there was a moment of silence. An earthquake with the magnitude of 9.2 was happening. It felt as if it went on and on for about a full minute if not two. It slowed down after a minute and picked up again and just continued. We all waited to see what would happen when it suddenly stopped. 

God decided to shake the earth and remind everyone that He is Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment